Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 9 - Buffalo, WY to Kadoka, SD

Today we got up and drove to Mount Rushmore. I was very impressed by Mount Rushmore and it was a great chance to get out of the car for a little bit. Kierra was most impressed by the chipmunks in the eating area. Are you starting to notice a theme? We met up with Bryce, Lisa, and Sophie LaPierre at Mount Rushmore. Bryce was in my group my first semester of school, and we quickly became friends. Luckily, Kindra and Lisa seem to like each other too. It was really good to see them. After that we hit the road again. Something happened in the car that, if it can be recreated, will allow some easy driving. Kierra dozed off after Mount Rushmore. She was sound asleep, but Ariana was fussy. That is, until she found the perfect play toy...Kierra's pony tail. She wiggled around Kierra's head and didn't make a peep. Kierra didn't move a muscle. We have long known that she has her dad's sleeping ability. We then made it to Kadoka, SD. I have never felt closer to falling off of the face of the earth. Actually, it is pretty relaxing here. There is just nowhere to buy baby food. Kierra was pretty wound up in the hotel room. She cracked herself up by speaking in a British accent and reenacting this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM. I have to admit, it was pretty funny. I laughed so hard that my side hurt, and it's still hurting.

3 comments:

Lott said...

That clip is hilarious, but why do people have to put crude comments on it? I'm waiting for an answer...

adorable pearsons said...

Yeah- I had no clue you were doing a travel-log until Leslie told me. I just figured I would check your blog in August to get a report of the drive there :)! I read back to day one and am totally caught up. First off- I was totally dying laughing about Arianna playing with Kierra's hair...seriously, the littlest things are total answers to prayers for parents. Are you guys doing this without a DVD player? I am glad you had so much fun in MT. It made me so excited to move there, I agree with the fact that it's so relaxing there and will always feel like home. So looking forward to you guys moving to Billings! Keep up the good updates. I am off to watch the youtube clip. Drive safe

Rachelle said...

I laughed so hard I cried. It would have been even funnier watching Kierra. Have fun guys, and good luck!