Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 10 - Kadoka, SD to Council Bluffs, IA

I am pretty sure that IA means Iowa...if not, then you now know what I meant. I had an experience today that Steven Covey would call a paradigm shift (don't worry, it is not contagious and it will probably go away tomorrow). Today's was good, but a little stressful. We planned to go to church this morning. Unfortunately, the alarm on my cell phone did not go off (which usually means I set it wrong), then we had a long day of driving. As we finally got closer to Omaha, Kierra starting to have to go to the bathroom. For those of you who don't know (and probably don't want to know), we are helping Kierra through problems with constipation. So, basically, she might say she "has to go" for days on end. It is her extreme version of what my brother-in-law would so eloquently call 'prairie doggin' it.' Anyways, I was getting very frustrated at the frequent stops. Finally, my GPS took me to the complete wrong side of Omaha (which, again, means that I probably put the address in wrong). So, we finally ended up at the Mormon Trail Museum (Winter Quarters) in Omaha. I was very impressed with what we saw. Those men and women went through so much with such good attitudes (see Quote of the Day below). And here I am getting frustrated over a few times having to get out of the car, a cell phone and GPS malfunction, etc. Needless to say, I feel rebuked. I will meet tomorrow's drive with renewed vigor and optimism. But first, we must have a dip in the pool.

Quote of the Day: "We only went through one mud puddle today...it was 6 miles long." - A quote from a pioneers journal.

2 comments:

Lott said...

Hunter will be going on a pioneer trek in a couple of weeks. I think he will gain a great appreciation for the pioneers. I think I'll just try to remember though.

adorable pearsons said...

You guys are seeing such cool things! I would love to be able to see more church history sites- or any for that matter. So much fun! PS- You've got to push push push your poopies out, push push push your poopies out, push push push your poopies out, push all your poopies away! Good luck Kierra!