Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 11 - Council Bluffs, IA to Nauvoo, IL

Happy Memorial Day! We celebrated by...driving! I officially feel like a dad on vacation today. I spent an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening with Kierra in the pool. My vocubulary as a dad is getting better. In Kadoka, SD my question to the hotel worker was, "Do you have a pool?" I got yes for an answer, so I was happy...until I checked in and realized that it was an outdoor pool and there was not water in it. That might have been useful information. In Council Bluffs the question transformed into, "Do you have an indoor pool?" (I still refuse to ask if there is water in it and am just chalking that up as on bad apple). I got yes as an answer so I was happy...until I got in and realized that their pool was cold enough to initiate me into the Polar Bear club (unfortunately I'm not over forty and I don't do speedos). So, by Nauvoo I realized the question needs to be "Do you have a HEATED INDOOR pool?" I am slowly getting this dad business down. Pretty soon I actually might think to check whether a diaper needs changing or give one of my girls a bath or something...one step at a time. We got to Nauvoo tonight and I am very excited to see the sites tomorrow. We did watch a short play. Nauvoo has a very nice feel to it.

No comments: