Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 5 - Great Falls, MT

Kindra started today with a jog. Kierra just spends a lot of time playing outside with her cousins. I played basketball with my dad and with some old friends. Then we relaxed at home for a while. Our days are filled with a lot of naps. With two 2 year olds, a 9 month old, and a 1 month old, it is very difficult to coordinate schedules with all of the children. Luckily, we all enjoy just relaxing while the kids nap. Trust me...they need it. It the afternoon we went to Gibson Park and fed the ducks and geese (and the baby geese), and let the kids play on the playground. Then we had dinner with mom and dad, Jake's family, and Kelli's family. Then I came to a sad realization. I am getting old. I know because I can no longer handle late shows. Last night Kindra and I snuck away to the 10:30 showing of Prince Caspian. I really enjoyed the 2/3rds of the movie that I was awake for. This is the second time in a row that I have fallen asleep at the late show even though I really enjoyed it. Before you know it, it will be waking up at four in the morning, I nice bowl of oatmeal at 10:00 a.m., a slice of bread at 1:00 p.m., doctors visit, a cup of soup at 4:00 p.m. watch Matlock at 6:00 p.m., and lights out by 7:30. I guess I better start working on my shuffle board.

2 comments:

Lott said...

I'll teach you shuffleboard, after a short nap of course

Mike and Kelli said...

Played ball with your dad and some old friends, huh? What about the ballin portly white lefty? Ya gotta rekanize...true dizl with the late movie thing...me too. Sad.