Sunday, March 7, 2010

3 Months in Review

So, 3 months quickly go by without me writing. Here is a run through of what we have done (Note: Kid Quotes at the bottom if you want to skip to the good stuff):

DECEMBER

The first few weeks of December consisted of getting ready for and taking finals. I have no recollection of the event in question. We will quickly fast forward to Christmas break. We headed to Utah to spend the holidays with Kindra's family. We had a lot of fun. We attended several Christmas parties, went sledding, played some broom hockey, built snowmen, went four wheeling, had a brief visit with Misti and her family at temple square, Kindra went skiing while I took the girls to Pirate Island Pizza, and many other fun things. It was nice to relax, see friends and family, and try not to think about school. We did happen to be there while Kindra's grandpa, Clel Jensen, passed away. We were fortunate enough to attend his funeral. While we lived in Utah, we were only a short distance to their house, so we visited them often. Clel was a very smart, kind, and fun man. He will be missed. It was a nice visit, and it was difficult to leave. It did make it slightly easier when returned to 70 degree January weather.Here are a few pics of our visit:JANUARY

January brought a return to school and routine. Kierra was much happier to begin pre-school again than I was for my school. Maybe if I were learning about the letter A instead of the letter epsilon... Anyways, January was very busy. We did find time to visit the desert museum, one of our favorite attractions in Tucson. It is a zoo, but it is different than most zoos. All of the animals there are native to Northern Mexico or Arizona, so they are all in their natural habitat. The animals are much more active than the animals at other zoos. The exhibits are well put together. They have neat shows such as a raptor show with the birds flying all around you. It is a great place to visit, and just another reason to come visit us. We followed that up with a picnic/nature walk at a place with Native American petroglyphs. Here are some January pics:FEBRUARY

In February, we dealt with Ariana's annual sickness, and an amazing amount of rain. In August I was convinced we live in a desert. Now, I am not so sure. Of course we celebrated Valentine's day. Kindra and I attended a ward party where we had dance instruction from a couple who instructed participants on Dancing with the Stars. It was nice to dance with Kindra. We also had our yearly tradition of me cooking a 'fancy' meal for Kindra and the girls. This year was grilled sea scallop and mango kabobs and cous cous over spinach. It was a hit. Now, I need to start planning for next year!


KID QUOTES

Ariana: Mom, too bad you married dad. I wish I could have married him first.

Kindra: Kierra, we have your shots this week.
Kierra: Nooooo! I DO NOT want shots!
DJ: Mom might take you to ice cream afterwards.
Kierra: Eeeee! Now that might put me in the mood to get some shots.

Kindra: Ariana, be careful! There is some dog poop there.
Ariana: Ahhh, no fair. I wish I could go dog poop. (This made me feel less proud that she wanted to marry me).

DJ: Ugggh. This wheat oatmail is horrible. It tastes like dirt.
Kierra: You've tasted dirt before?!

5 comments:

Caleb and Jessica Sainsbury said...

Yeah! It's about time you updated this! I thought you guys had disappeared, so i'm glad to know you are still alive and well!

adorable pearsons said...

You guys have had a busy 3 months! I love the kid's quotes...so cute! Ariana is getting some hair :) YEAH! Here's to more updates!

Brittany said...

I love reading your updates, especially the kid's quotes. They are some hillarious girls! Looks like ya'll are having a good time in AZ, at least keeping busy! Hey, did ya'll ever figure out the insurance stuff that Kindra was asking me about a while back?

Lance said...

Wish I could get away with cooking dinner once a year. Is that your reward for suffering through your PhD program? I'll just keeping cooking 2-3 times a week if that's the case.

Lott said...

You've tasted lots of things, but I'll keep your secret.

Your meal looks very Martha Stewart-ish. Keep enjoying the warmth for the rest of us.