Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ready or Not...


Ariana is starting to scare us! One of her favorite new words is 'hide'. Unfortunately, she doesn't say it until she does it. She will randomly wander off, close the door (whether the light is on or off), find a place to hide, and wait for us to find her. It would probably be helpful if we new we were supposed to be looking for her. We have found her in many dark rooms, in cupboards, in the bathroom, behind our close hamper, in the dryer, in a locked room at the church (luckily there was another door that was not locked), etc. I really hope that her next favorite word is 'seek'. Here are some photos of her hiding (Kierra thought it looked so fun, that she decided to join in):
Kindra went to a place called Color Me Mine this past week. It is a ceramic shop. You go, pick out which piece of ceramic you would like to decorate, and then you paint and decorate it. They have a huge variety of paints and stencils. Kindra's friend gave her the idea of a 'celebrate plate'. It is a way to recognize someone in the family that does something special by letting them eat on the celebrate plate. She had a lot of fun and wants to go back. I don't necessarily want to go, so if you are thinking of a vacation, consider Color Me Mine in beautiful Provo, UT! Here is a picture of the Celebrate Plate:
Kid Quotes:

DJ:
Kierra, put your pants on please.
Kierra: Dad, no, I want to put my hands in the pockets of my panties.
DJ: Kierra, your panties don't have pockets. Put your pants on.
Kierra: No dad! You don't understand. 'Pockets of my panties' is Spanish for 'pockets of my pants'.

Ariana:
Jungle, hide, sparkle, all animal noises, up, more, drink, why she sad, thank you, and cracker (which sounds very much like thank you).

4 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

I'm so proud of my Spanish speaking niece. We went to a ceramic place in Boise and made a piggy bank for Gracie, it was super fun. Cute post!

Lott said...

Kierra is hilarious and I hope Ariana grow out of the hiding phase soon..that could be scary. I actually have an "almost called the cops" story about that.

Rachelle said...

How fun! I love watching your girls grow up. Kindra, I will go with you to Color me mine before we move. So lets set a date in the next two weeks.

Michael and Michelle said...

Hey guys it's the Felley's. I got on here from the Van Beev's it's so funny to see the similarities of growth between all of our kids. Paris has been singing the same Sleeping Beauty song for the last month, with Brock in sync too. Seems like you guys are doing well.
Take care!