Sunday, January 11, 2009

...For a Sunbeam

Kierra started Sunbeams last week. She was so excited! I thought I might peek in on her. The primary president was teaching the class. She wanted to have the kids get their wiggles out, so she said, "Stand up, turn around and sit down." Kierra apparently is very literal in her obedience. She stood up, turned around (180 degrees), and sat down on the floor. The primary president looked at her, laughed, and said, "I am sorry. I wasn't very clear. I meant for you to sit on your chair." So, Kierra stood up and sat down on her chair...still facing the back of the classroom. It was pretty funny. She did great. I think she is going to love primary! Here are some pictures of her first day:



We changed to 1:00 p.m. church last week. Here is a little math for you:
1:00 p.m. Church + 16 Month Old Daughter =

(Peace in Sunday School)

So, I called home this week and heard something that I didn't expect to hear. "I have to go. Kierra got her tongue stuck in the door." What?! I was left for a few hours to wonder how you get your tongue stuck in the door. It really isn't that involved of an explanation. Kindra was coming inside and Kierra stuck her tongue in the hinge side of the door when Kindra was closing it. Luckily Kindra didn't try to slam the door after it wouldn't close the first time, so Kierra still has a tongue! Just one of those stories I thought others should hear about.




Kid Quotes:

Ariana: Hi DJ
Me: Daddy.
Ariana: DJ!
Me: Daddy!
Ariana: My Daddy DJ! (I was okay with that)

Me: I am just trying to figure out the best way to help you out.
Kierra: I know how you can help us!
Me: How?
Kierra: Make some money
Me: Why do you want me to make some money?
Kierra: So you can buy us a house.
Me: Why do you want me to buy us a house?
Kierra: So I can have a puppy!

2 comments:

Lott said...

I hope you got your camera back by now. If not, I insured it so let me know.

I love the video...better than the one I took.

Kierra looks so cute as a sunbeam!

Susan F. said...

I love the video. I hope they both will sing it to us when you come visit.