Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Love Diesels!!!

I have only heard two females (possibly people) ever utter this phrase. The first is a girl in my MBA program who worked for a diesel manufacturer. The second, surprisingly, was Kierra. I taught her what every child should know. Put your arm in a ninety degree angle, wait until you are next to a semi, and pump up and down until you hear a horn. It might seem like a simple thing, but I do not consider keeping a 3 year old occupied for two hours on I-80 simple. See some pictures below followed by some Kid Quotes:

































Kid Quotes (Mostly Kierra, but Ariana is Getting there):

Kierra (about 15 minutes into our second day of driving): Mom, Dad, I feel carsick.
Kindra: You do. I'm sorry. What do you think we should do about it?
Kierra: I think we should stop driving right now.
DJ: Do you really feel sick?
Kierra: Yes.
DJ: How do you feel sick...what feels wierd?
Kierra: My leg hurts.
DJ: Are you sick to your stomach or are you just sick of the car?
Kierra: I am just sick of the car.

Grandpa S: Ariana, come see grandpa!
Ariana:...(that silence is Ariana shaking her head no which she also does to a lot of things Kindra and I ask her to do.)

3 comments:

Lott said...

I heart diesels too. One saved my tush. I get carsick too. Especially when I have the chance to see my fav youngest brother and his fam for a total of 5 seconds. Kierra might be my soul niece.

adorable pearsons said...

Why didn't you post your talent pic? Chad love semi's, I definitely don't love them when they are full of animals! However, the horn honking is a definite plus and good tip for our car trip tomorrow. So sad that our teenage daughters already hate the camera. PS- when are you guys coming back? We had so much fun with you here. PPS I need to talk to you on the phone soon so call me when you have a chance

Michael and Michelle said...

Hey Fairhurst's it's the Felley's!
Seems like you guys have had an Awesome summer! When are you driving back through to Utah? We are actually in the Kirtland Ohio Stake. If you come through let us know we'd love it if you'd stop by or we could meet you somewhere! Let us know- our email is felldog@hotmail.com or Michael still has the same Utah cell #. Hope we get to see you guys!!