Sunday, June 8, 2008

Simple Things of Life


Today we sat down at a table and had dinner as a family in our apartment. Doesn't seem like much to write about, but for me it was wonderful. We have always had family dinner around the dinner table together. That has gone away as we have been traveling and trying to get furniture in our apartment and cooking utinsels, etc, etc. It was just really nice to sit around our beefy macaroni and eat as a family. I didn't even mind fighting Kierra to eat her food. We are getting a bed tomorrow, and we will finally be settled in. Everyone here has been very helpful to us. I have really enjoyed my internship so far. The first of two projects that I will assigned is very pertinent, and I am learning new things. It is nice having Adam (another BYU MBA) in the cubicle kiddy corner from me. The culture here is very different. I love that. My manager is Jewish. It was very interesting to me to hear him tell us what foods are kosher. Our managers took us to sushi. I have no problems trying new food, but I had no idea how to order. My manager just ordered for all of us. I really liked the food. It is definitely unique. We also had Indian food that other night. The restaurants here are very good. It is nice to be getting settled in.


Kierra Quotes:

Me: It is time to go inside Kierra.
Kierra: (While crying) I don't want to sit on the hard floors anymore. (We have all hardwood floors and at that point we had no furniture).

In Kierra's prayer tonight: "Please bless that we will drive to Utah safely." (If she keeps this up for two months, our drive back will be great).

5 comments:

YAYA said...

DJ, you have the cutest family!

Lott said...

I'm glad you are finally getting settled in and enjoying this new adventure

adorable pearsons said...

Yeah you guys are finally there! How is life now? Keep up the blogging so we can still peek in on you.

Haylee said...

Kindra and DJ!!! This is Haylee I found your blog from Lyssa's. When I nannied I lived in Weston CT!! I love it there! My blog is hayleeandcolter.blogspot.com

Lynn Gurney said...

Kindra!!! Hey It's Erin (Belcher)Gurney. I found you through Bonny's blog. It's great to see that you and your family are doing well. I looks like you were just through Omaha, Ne, which is where me and my little family live! Darn, I wish that I would have been in contact with you sooner, then you could have stopped in to say hi!