Sunday, June 29, 2008

Across the US...and Back Again

Well, we ended up heading back across the United States...at least this time it was by airplane. My grandpa passed away about two weeks ago. I will miss him. He is a great man. He was the first of my relatives to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. For those of you that know me, know that is a very important part of my life. He also worked hard to provide for his family, loved fishing, was kind, witty, and smart. His medical condition declined in October of 2000, and for nearly the past 8 years my grandma has taken care of him. In some ways he is probably relieved, but we will miss him. I was very glad that we were able to go to the funeral. It was good to be with family during this time.
Connecticut has been a lot of fun. We have seen an aquarium (note the ginormous sea turtle), gone to the beach, and I went on some steroid enhanced go-karts this week. It is crazy to think we have been here 4 weeks. Time is going fast and slow at the same time. I have enjoyed my work with United Rentals. I have not enjoyed the commute. Ariana is sort of crawling, sort of talking, and always very good. Kierra is really fun and...we'll leave it at fun. She turned 3 this week. I can't believe that. We celebrated by going to the beach. We miss our family, but I am glad that I have my family with me.


KIERRA QUOTES:

After going to the beach: "I like Connecticut a whole lot...but I like Utah a little bit more."

"One for me and one for Kindra and one for you, madame." (First, why is she calling her mom Kindra? Second, I am not 'me' and I am not Kindra, so I must be....D'oh!)

After seeing a lady with a tattoo on her arm in Walmart: "Why did you color a flower on your arm?"

When we unfortunately had to go by the same lady again: "Hey, I asked why you colored a flower on your arm?"

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Kierra cracks me up. What a gutsy 3 year old. She wanted her question answered! Glad you guys are having fun. We know how the fast but slow time thing goes. Glad also that you got some furniture.

Lance said...

Good to see you took time to post again - and I can't wait to see your trip-home log of disc golf experinces the end of August

jess said...

Kierra is SO funny! You are my favorite bloggers because of her. Check us out, we got a blog too (finally!).

hayley said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I am glad you guys are liking Connecticut. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIERRA. Are you sure she isn't three already; that girl is SO SMART and witty!

Heather said...

Yeah, so I didn't even know you had left UT. Doh!! Nice friend I am. For some reason Heather did, I guess she's the one keeping up on everyones blogs. Well hopefully this internship is amazing and you land a cushy management job that pays big bucks with great benefits and zero stress. Let me know how it goes. So does this mean your not up for some Disc Golf?
Later,
Jed.

Heather said...

Crap,
I was logged in as Heather.
It was Jed that sent that last comment... ...I swear. Or was it? Don't let the suspense kill you.
Jed (or maybe Heather)

Lott said...

Keep 'em coming Kierra...maybe you'll knock Cooper off the tactless pedastol!